Fire Extinguisher Inspection Near East Setauket
Need Professional Fire Extinguisher Inspection Near Me? Contact M&M Fire Extinguishers Sales & Services, Inc.!
M&M Fire Extinguishers Sales & Services, Inc. is a leading Suffolk County fire protection company. With more than 35 years of experience, our team of certified technicians has been securing the safety and security of residents and business owners in the East Setauket, NY area. Offering a wide range of products and services that will prepare you for any fire-related emergency, including fire suppression system installations, complete fire extinguisher inspection services, maintenance, repairs, and more, when M&M Fire Extinguishers Services & Sales, Inc. is on the job, if a fire ever breaks out in your home or business, you can rest easy knowing that you’ll be well prepared.
A fire extinguisher is one of the first lines of defense against the devastation that a fire can cause. As a Suffolk County business owner, you know how important it is to equip your commercial property with fire extinguishers. If you’re like most business owners, however, you may not be paying much attention to this vital fire protection equipment; that is until you need one. Imagine the shock and horror you would experience if a small fire breaks out in your business and when you grab for a fire extinguisher, you find that it isn’t working. The devastation could be catastrophic!
To ensure that your employees, clients, and commercial property are protected from the dangers of fire, you need to make sure that all fire extinguishers in your East Setauket, NY business are serviced on a regular basis. As per the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), while fire extinguishers are highly effective for combating small fires, a large percentage of these devices don’t work properly. For that reason, commercial property owners are required to have regular fire extinguisher service performed on all devices on their property.
The Importance of Fire Extinguisher Inspections
Like any other type of equipment in your Suffolk County business, fire extinguishers can suffer wear and tear or experience damage. A fire extinguisher inspection helps to ensure that these devices are in proper working order. During an inspection, the condition of the unit will be assessed. All components will be examined, including the hose, the gauge, the pin, the tamper seal, and the fire extinguisher tags. If any issues are spotted, they may be able to be repaired, and if they can’t be corrected, a reputable fire protection company will be able to outfit you with a certified replacement that’s suitable for your business.
In other words, fire extinguisher service is important because it ensures that your business is well-protected in the event that a fire ever occurs.
How Often Should Fire Extinguishers be Inspected?
As per the NFPA, fire extinguisher inspection guidelines are as follows:
- Visual inspections – Monthly. Once a month, you should visually inspect all fire extinguishers in your Suffolk County commercial property. You should check to make sure that all devices are clearly visible and easy to access. You should also check for any signs of wear and tear damage, or tampering; dents, corrosion, rust, etc. Look at the pull-pin and the seal that surrounds it to make sure that they are both in place and intact. Read the pressure gauge to make sure that it is in the green “safe zone”; if the indicator is below the zone, it may need to be recharged and refilled. Once you have completed the inspection, be sure to write your initials and the date on the tags.
- Maintenance inspections –Once a Year. Once a year, all fire extinguishers need to have a maintenance inspection. This inspection must be completed by a certified fire protection technician. During a maintenance inspection, a professional will conduct an in-depth assessment of the devices. The pressure gauge will be checked, the hoses will be checked for blockages and wear-and-tear, the valves will be assessed, and the extinguishers will be inspected for any signs of physical damage. After annual maintenance inspections are completed, the professional technician will sign and date the fire extinguisher tags.
- Internal maintenance inspections – 5 to 12 years. A certified technician will also need to conduct internal maintenance inspections on your fire extinguishers. This testing involves discharging the devices, inspecting their interior, and recharging them. Generally, wet chemical fire extinguishers require internal maintenance inspections every five years, while extinguishers that contain dry chemicals need to be inspected every 12 years.
Fire Extinguisher Inspections from M&M Fire Extinguishers Sales & Services, Inc.
If you own a business in East Setauket, NY and you’re looking for fire extinguisher service near me, you’ve come to the right place! M&M Fire Extinguishers Sales & Services, Inc. is a highly regarded fire protection company that has been servicing the commercial property owners of Suffolk County for decades. Our team of highly trained technicians are certified in fire extinguisher inspections and will ensure that your company is prepared in the event that a fire ever breaks out in your business.
Whether you’re experiencing an issue that needs to be addressed immediately, you need to schedule a routine inspection, or you require any other type of fire suppression tools or services, you can count on us to handle all of your needs. When the business owners of East Setauket, NY are looking for fire extinguisher inspection near me, M&M Fire Extinguishers Sales & Services, Inc. is the first company the call! To schedule an appointment or to learn more about the products and services we provide, please call 631-464-5609 today!
- Learn more about East Setauket, NY 11733
- Open a East Setauket, NY map
- Find the East Setauket, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby East Setauket, NY pharmacies
- View the current East Setauket, NY weather report
- Browse a list of East Setauket, NY public and private schools
- East Setauket, NY is located in Suffolk county in New York State