Selden NY Fire Extinguisher Inspection
Fire Extinguisher Services, Inspection, and Testing – M&M Fire
A fire extinguisher is your first line of defense when it comes to protecting yourself and anyone else
from the dangers of a fire. In fact, these tools are so important that the law requires businesses to carry
them and have them located in easily visible and easy-to-access locations.
Having a fire extinguisher isn’t enough; however: you also need to make sure that it is working properly.
To do that, it should be inspected, tested, and serviced on a regular basis. That’s where M&M Fire
Extinguishers comes in!
How Our Fire Extinguisher Service, Inspection, and Testing Works
We use a very detailed procedure to ensure that your fire extinguishers are properly serviced, inspected,
and tested. Our professionals have received extensive training and are well-versed in the testing,
inspection, and servicing of all types of portable fire extinguishers. The process includes the following:
? A visual inspection. All components of your portable fire extinguishers will receive a thorough
visual inspection. The gauges, cylinder, hoses, the instructions, and all other elements will be
visually examined to ensure that there aren’t any issues.
• A physical inspection. After completing a thorough visual inspection, we’ll then conduct a
complete physical inspection of your portable fire extinguishers. This inspection will include
checking the weight, the pull pin, the seals, the hoses, the instructions, and every other
• Testing. We’ll also test the fire extinguisher to ensure that it is working properly.
• Servicing. Should we find that any element isn’t working properly and is in need of repair, we’ll
make sure that it is corrected.
• Verification and tagging. Once the process is completed, we’ll verify the date, time, and
location of the inspection and servicing with a clearly visible tag.
Why Fire Extinguisher Servicing, Inspection, and Testing is Important
Portable fire extinguishers are a vital tool. They can prevent a dangerous situation from becoming tragic.
However, if the unit isn’t working properly, it isn’t going to be able to do the job that it is designed to do
– extinguish a fire. Naturally, the most important reason to have your fire extinguishers serviced,
inspected, and tested is to ensure that they are working properly. Other reasons why this is important
• Ensures compliance. The National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) required fire extinguishers to
be serviced, inspected and tested in accordance of the national, state, and local codes. If you do
not comply with this requirement, you could receive a hefty fine.
• Assists with insurance requirements. Your insurance may require you to carry fire extinguishers.
By having your units serviced, inspected, and tested, you can meet the requirements that are set
forth by your insurance provider.
• Ensures proper use. If a fire extinguisher isn’t labeled properly, it may not be used properly. This
could result in serious damage. Through an inspection and servicing, labels will be assessed to
determine if they are easy to read and provide accurate instructions. If an issue exists,
modifications to the instructions will be made to ensure proper use.
• Verification of proper placement. Generally, fire extinguishers are required within 75 feet from
any location within a building. In commercial kitchens, they must be located within 30 feet of
equipment that’s used for cooking. We’ll make sure that your fire extinguishers are situated in
the proper location and aren’t obstructed.
Schedule Your Portable Fire Extinguisher Service, Inspection, and Testing Today!
Business owners and homeowners throughout Nassau County, Suffolk County, and the five boroughs of
New York City have been trusting M&M Fire Extinguishers to ensure that their portable fire
extinguishers are working properly and are in accordance with the law for years.
To make sure that you, your family, your employees, your customers, and anyone else are properly
protected from a fire, contact M&M Fire Extinguishers to schedule your service, inspection, and testing